I also want o focus on the questioning techniques I also have posted recently
Week 7
Unpacking of Chapter 4 and trying to apply this to my teaching of Advertisements as a form of persuasive language.
An important step in BEING CLEAR ABOUT HOW IT IS TO BE LEARNT IS:
The learning process
- The Why. Not sure if I am doing this right but I have done this in 2 ways this week, reference to the curriculum and then reference to the understanding of adverts so they don't trick us etc see example of plan
- Describing to students about how you have thought about the tasks and activities you are planning as a teacher is very important - so I am trying to do this by endeavouring to always keep the students focused by keeping the big idea in mind by referring back to the Learning intention as we go through the lesson this can be done by 'Mental display' - not written down the LI but keeping on referring to what the task is about so students don't get off task. Also having it visual in my plan.
More notes from Anne:
Take out the task turn it into a generic skill.
The How
How will I know when I am being successful?
Implementing
Implementing
Making a time with my TLIF students to set them up for success. Scaffold how to reflect, did this today by getting them to look at their writing goals and then go into Literacy Hub and learn e.g. when M is to use language features she was unsure what a metaphor was so she went into Literacy Hub and watched a video and then did a worksheet. She then began a reflective comment on Blogger and saved this as evidence that she is beginning to take ownership of her learning as well trying to add metaphors to her writing and showing evidence of this as well when applicable . Set S, W, L and M up this way need to see K .
Commenting on Student's Work
I am trying to improve on this as well by making a note in my claendar that each week I really try and do a written comment on students work that they share with me and relate my comments back to their learning goal(have etap open) this is the best way as I ma in charge of about 45 students for writing at the moment. These students aren't TLIF students but I am also wanting them to think of the learning in writing rather than the task of just writing because I'm told to. here is an example of a comment which can only be improved on!
Commenting on Student's Work
I am trying to improve on this as well by making a note in my claendar that each week I really try and do a written comment on students work that they share with me and relate my comments back to their learning goal(have etap open) this is the best way as I ma in charge of about 45 students for writing at the moment. These students aren't TLIF students but I am also wanting them to think of the learning in writing rather than the task of just writing because I'm told to. here is an example of a comment which can only be improved on!



No comments:
Post a Comment