Scanning:
Interviewed students today in their independent capabilities. (this is from the Assessment for Learning Matrices I am using as part of my TLIF TAI)TO begin with, I am focusing on the following:
#1 Building Learning Focused relationships
#2 Clarity about what is to be learnt
#5 Active Reflection
Noticed children need work with where I am beginning my inquiry. That being that I need to help my target students to be more clear about what is to be learnt and how they know that they are being successful so I need to unpack this. how to be successful with them, co-construct success criteria, then have 3 max simple check lists that children can check off and know they are successful.
I am currently reading Michael Absolum's Clarity in the Classroom.
Need to do this in buddies as well, so using and teaching the 3 medals and a mission means I am right on track. I will now endeavour to begin this.
Time on Blogger
During the interviewing with students it was brought to my attention a simple change in the settings of blogger. This was the time setting. It is obviously set to another time zone so it I have realised that it is very important to change the time zone in the settings of each students blog. this will allow the whanau to get the reflections as they happen..not in the middle of the night!
What ways can you make the learning clearer for the students? The challenges of an ILE are the numbers of students that require this, so organisation of time in the timetable and the plan of 'How' are important for us all to reflect on.
ReplyDelete